Peety

Thread: Peety

jharrington is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Peety

We are using upper grades and have downloaded Peety and version 4 (of something) for Windows Xp. We can see Peety and the speech bubble with the words in it, but no voice. We can hear the sound of him moving his wings. Any ideas how to get him to talk?

Thank you,

Juli

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

When you point to the paragraph and click on the text to be read aloud, do you actually see that particular text appear in the bubble?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yes, we see the words in the speech bubble and hear the sound of Peety's wings moving, but not his voice.

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

I have the same problem when accessing it with Mozilla Firefox and initially with IE as well. I redownloaded everything AND went back and reinstalled everything. Restarted computer and now it works fine with IE but still no luck with Mozilla. But at least we can use Peedy on both computers now as long as we run it in IE.

Good luck! For us I had to download and install everything more than once and that seeme do the trick. Not sure why..

Blessings,
    Adele

Thanks. I'll try to download it again. The kids are getting their own computer next week so I will have to do it over again, anyway.

Juli

We are still not able to hear Peety talk. We can hear the noise his wings make and see the words in his speech bubble, but not hear what he says. Any other ideas? I tried to reload it and it didn't change. I didn't delete anything because I wasn't sure what to delete.

Thanks again,
    Juli

Blog Entries

Are you using Internet Explorer or some other browser?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Okay. I got it to work on the kids' computer, but still not mine. That's okay since they don't use my computer. Our youngest loves Peedy because now he can get through all the science that he can't read.
    Thanks,

Oh, we have microsoft internet explorer

Juli

Blog Entries

Oh, good! I suspect you need to remove it entirely from your computer and then reinstall in order for it to work on your computer. You would have to remove it through "Add and Remove Programs" in your Control Panel.