Planner

Thread: Planner

kloving70 is offline Junior Member

Default Planner

Would anyone share an example of an average day schedule/plan for your 3rd or 4th grader using T4L as your main curriculum.

I am looking for an idea of how to start. I also think I will be doing a portfolio for assessment so really want to make sure I get the planning.paper work stuff correct.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

I have used T4L this year with my third grader. For us, we haven't found that T4L learning takes much time. I don't know that I can say it is our spine, because neither have I built upon the lessons nor have I attempted to coordinate anything else we did with T4L. Also, for the first year in 10 years of homeschooling, I didn't create any sort of typed schedule/ planner.

The planning I did consisted of looking at the number of lessons in each subject to determine about how many Doodlebug would need to complete each day or week in order to finish the third grade materials if he worked on T4L for approximately four days each week for 36 weeks. Then, I tried to be consistent and have him complete that amount.

He rarely spends more than an hour a day/ 4 days/ week on T4L. We have completed 30 weeks of school and Doodlebug has finished 3rd grade language arts extensions, math, and social studies. He will definitely complete LA and science before our 36th week.

Doing T4L this way has given us the opportunity to pursue all kinds of other things while still covering a traditional third grade scope and sequence. In addition to T4L, Doodle has plenty of time for art lessons, drama lessons, and violin lessons. He went to an academic tutorial one day each week, participated in Kumon math, and went to a math tutor one afternoon each week. We also had an extra student in our home one full day each week and one afternoon.

So, we had a schedule where every day of the week was different.
    Mandy
    Last edited by Mandy in TN; 04-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kloving70 View Post
    I also think I will be doing a portfolio for assessment so really want to make sure I get the planning.paper work stuff correct.
    For your portfolio, you can run a report from the parent page that will list everything your child has completed and his grades for whatever date range you need. After you run the report, you can open and save it as a PDF file. If you want, you can cut and paste this information into an excel spreadsheet. Once it is in an excel spreadsheet, you can add rows and type in any additional work that you completed outside of T4L. I am not required to provide a portfolio, but I think that this would be a good tool if I did.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Juanita Espinosa is offline Junior Member Newbie

I love the planner, but I wish there was a way that I could save it by week or it generated by a weekly basis. So that way each week I can log in and print it out and my older kids can each week log in and print it out.