Planner Now Links Directly to Lessons!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JohnEdelson

Thread: Planner Now Links Directly to Lessons!

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Default Planner Now Links Directly to Lessons!

For those of you who use the Time4Learning Planner:

Have you noticed that your kids can click directly from the planner to their activities? Any reactions?

Here's a superquick demo video about it.
    Last edited by JohnEdelson; 06-06-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    hearthstone_academy and Robin like this.
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning is Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum: Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!

gokyo is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Planner Now Links Directly to Lessons!

John,
    Thank you for the demo, and being able to go from the planner directly to the activities is very efficient. The one problem that I have is in September I will be starting my daughter on the 9th grade curriculum and will spend much time on planning her schedule for 4 courses. Using the Activity button certainly makes easy for her to access the lessons that are needed for the week but there can only be one default plan for her to choose from. I understand that I can assign her the neccessary course work and she would have to hunt through the entire list of activities for lessons that are not part of her default plan when it comes to the other courses but that puts a lot of work on the parent, espcially when a single parent that has to work needs to avail of any resources that support the process.
    Is it possible to program the system so that multiple plans can be made available via the Activity Plan link so that the student can select from a drop down menu and choose the required activities that have been set up? It would sure make things easier. Oh, and when I mention single parent that works, that parent is also working on graduate course work. Needless to say time and its availability are at a premium.
    Thanks
    Adrian

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. I'm not sure why you would want more than one plan. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you want to do.

Perhaps you aren't aware that you can include all four courses in one plan? Then name that plan something like, "Suzie's Tenth Grade Year" or "Suzie, 2018-2019" and set it as your child's default.

If I am not understanding what you need, please clarify and I'll try to help.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

gokyo is offline Junior Member

Now I understand and am able to add several subjects to one plan.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Great! I'm glad you got that worked out. There can be a bit of a learning curve when beginning any new curriculum. Please feel free to ask any questions, and stick around to share how things are going for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

reponkh is offline Junior Member Newbie

Excellent post. I like it very much. This idea planer now links to lessons nice

cdaitch is offline Junior Member Newbie

I really wish the student planner looked the same to them as it does when I set it up/view it. Neither viewing option is working out for my girls. We just want a nice long list, which clearly shows which day I have assigned the lesson. The list view is too long and doesn't show the assigned days, the grid shows days but again, it's too much scrolling for them to find what else I assigned on a given day. I really wish they could see & click the same view I have in the planners. I think we'll continue to print them out and enter codes

Blog Entries

I'm glad printing works for you. I print for one of my kids and use the planner tab for another. Various kids have used various views. I use whatever works for each specific child. It's great to have lots of options!