Playground settings dont work!
    txchicknmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Playground settings dont work!

My son can get right on playground without even doing the lessons. He can cheat the playground time. How do I control this? I have my settings all set but that doesn't seem to matter with this software. Am I the only one with children that know how to beat the system?

I have it set for 40 min learning but he can bypass that all together.

thanks
    Donna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

At what grade level is he working? The playground settings are for grades three and below. Initially, older students did not have access to the playground at all. When parents kept requesting playground access for older students, it was added, but without the timer function.

If he is working below grade level four, what browser are you using? The playground works best with Internet Explorer and has identified issues with Safari.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    At what grade level is he working? The playground settings are for grades three and below. Initially, older students did not have access to the playground at all. When parents kept requesting playground access for older students, it was added, but without the timer function.

If he is working below grade level four, what browser are you using? The playground works best with Internet Explorer and has identified issues with Safari.
    HI,
    He's working on grade 1-3 levels and listed as grade 3. I have used IE but have more recently been using firefox browser almost exclusively since it has less errors. I will give IE a try for his next session and see. He just spent the morning on playground again. loves the game, and I cannot complain about those..."better than xbox!" but its still frustrating that I cannot walk away....if I want the lessons done.

Donna

Blog Entries

I expect Internet Explorer will solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn't.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Tried and tested and failed

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    I expect Internet Explorer will solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn't.
    Ok I logged in with IE and it worked for me.

My kids proceded to to bypass it again. They showed me 2 of the ways.

upon logging in they click on the time for learning logo in the upper left corner. then they click on playground.

Also they can highlight the "goodbye" in the top center of the playground screen and quickly click on a game and enter and play.

they did this just now and said there are like 16 ways...they onlyshowed me 2.

Donna

Blog Entries

That reminds me of the time I locked up all of our markers, because my kids were so messy with them. My middle son thought it was funny to pick the lock and leave me a note written in marker. I let him know (BOY, did I let him know!) that I didn't think finding a way to bypass parental rules was humorous.

The timer is intended to serve as reminder. If the children remain determined to thwart it then you'll need to decide how to handle the situation as the parent.

I'll send this thread on and see if the timer "security" is able to be tightened a little. I appreciate knowing about this.