Please Help

Thread: Please Help

Marissa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Please Help

Hi Everyone. This is our second year of homeschooling. We have a 16 year old daughter & 11 year old son. We are new here at Time4Learning. I've been hanging out on the forum reading the threads for several days trying to decide if this was right for us or not. Today is our official 2nd day of doing lessons. My son is enjoying himself so far. However, he is in full panic mode because he missed a question and it gave him a score of 75%. Is there no way to re-do? Is that 75% the final score for him? I've looked through the FAQ's and can't seem to find anything regarding this.
    Many thanks,
    Marissa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Marissa! The tests can be taken as many times as necessary. In most cases (but not all), the test will be slightly different each time it is attempted.

ALL attempts will be recorded in the student's records. One test grade isn't replaced with another. This is consistent with the way traditional schools usually grade subsequent test attempts. The student receives the average of all attempts.

The records give parents enough information to calculate a grade any way they choose. My own kids' records are covered with my chicken scratches! While a sparkling, shiny report might look nice, I think the "used" appearance of my reports lends a bit of credibility.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Marissa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks, Kelly! I agree, I like the "used" appearance of my planning book & reports. I have another question, if you don't mind. Am I correct that I can not be logged into the parents panel and checking on my sons work while he is also logged in on his lessons? Or have I misunderstood? I hope I have!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Marissa, the reports aren't viewed through the parent panel. You must log in as your student to check his reports. Since two people can't be logged in at the same time, you can't check his reports while he is working. You CAN have him finish a lesson, step in and check his reports while he is still logged in, and then have him continue.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Daph is offline Member

That was the first thing we had to investigate, too. My daughter had never even taken a quiz or a test before time4learning, and last year, I had her retaking a lot of them. XD