Please help me understand the different "levels" in each grade level
    jmom is offline Junior Member

Default Please help me understand the different "levels" in each grade level

Hello all! I am still new to T4L, about two weeks in now, and I just noticed today that there are different "levels" within each of my children's subjects. I had not noticed that before...so I was wondering...how do you determine which level your child should be doing? Are there different levels because you are supposed to go all the way through one level and then complete the remaining levels?

I had been thinking that some of the math and other subjects were a bit to easy for my 3rd and 5th grade daughters, so is it possible that they just need to be doing a higher level?

I would really appreciate any help you could give...luckily I caught it early enough that we can switch levels without losing too much momentum!!

Appreciate any and all comments!!

Jennifer

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Jennifer! Your student's lessons will default to their registered level. In most cases, you have easy access to one level above and one level below the registered levels. There are a number of reasons you might want to access different levels. One is just to "try out" some of the other lessons if you think your student's registered level is too easy or too hard. Also if, for example, your student is doing fine in fifth grade math but begins to strumble when she reaches division, you can have her do the fourth grade division lessons first. Then, you can either have her come back and finish the fifth grade division lessons or save them until the following year.

If you decide you want your child's registered level changed, sign in as a parent and look for "Change my child's education level" to request the permanent change.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome to the group jmom!!! i hope you're enjoying your stay with us so far.

jack has a "challenge book". where i've printed off math sheets in the next level for whatever math topic he's studying right then. jack is kind of a math geek (so did not get it from me, i assure you), so he thinks its "fun" to try a harder level. he gets bonus points on his reward chart for problems that he gets correct. i love having access to the different levels - but it did confuse me the first time too.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

jmom is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the replies ladies!! So can I make sure that I am understanding what a "level" is...if my child is in 3rd grade, and each lesson has three levels, does that mean that if I have her doing lessons on "level 3", she is actually doing 4th grade work? And if so, does that mean that she is working on the same lessons that she will have to do next year in 4th grade? I think that each of my kids could benefit from moving up a level in certain subjects, but I don't want to end up doing their next years work this year...does that make sense? I think that I am confusing myself!

The girls really seem to be enjoying working with T4L, and I am trying to get the max out of it that I can!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Jennifer Gainer