A Poll! Time Management and Scheduling T4L: How is T4L completed in your home?

View Poll Results: How is the completion of T4L managed in your home?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I require a # of days/ week, and there are other requirements regarding what he must complete.

2 40.00%
  • I require a # of days/ week, but when my child is on T4L he can do whatever he likes.

1 20.00%
  • I keep my eye on a general goal: there are other requirements regarding what he must complete.

2 40.00%
  • I keep my eye on a general goal: when my child is on T4L he can do whatever he likes.

0 0%
  • WWe do T4L when we can get to it, but there are other requirements regarding what he must complete.

0 0%
  • We do T4L when we can get to it, and when my child is on T4L he can do whatever he likes.

0 0%
  • Obligatory Other (please explain)

0 0%
    Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Default A Poll! Time Management and Scheduling T4L: How is T4L completed in your home?

Just curious about the way various families make T4L work for them.
    Mandy

Holy cow! It is difficult trying to keep the poll choices under 100 characters. Here are the choices as I originally typed them.

1. I require my child to work on T4L for a certain number of days each week (ex. M-F, MWF, alternating MWF/TThS), and there are requirements regarding the amount of time he must spend, the subjects he must cover or the number of activities he must complete.

2. I require my child to work on T4L for a certain number of days each week (ex. M-F, MWF, alternating MWF/TThS), but when my child is on T4L he can do as much or as little as he likes.

3. Although we do not have a set schedule for T4L, I have a general idea of how much I want to complete in a given time (quarter, semester, year) and keep my eye on it, and when my child is on T4L there are requirements regarding the amount of time he must spend, the subjects he must cover or the number of activities he must complete.

4. Although we do not have a set schedule for T4L, I have a general idea of how much I want to complete in a given time (quarter, semester, year) and keep my eye on it, but when my child is on T4L he can typically do as much or as little as he likes unless he begins to fall behind the general schedule in a subject.

5. We do T4L when we can get to it, but when my child is on T4L there are requirements regarding the amount of time he must spend, the subjects he must cover or the number of activities he must complete.

6. We do T4L when we can get to it, and when my child is on T4L he can do as much or as little as he likes.

7. Obligatory Other (please explain)
    Last edited by Mandy in TN; 12-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Although we do not have a set schedule for T4L, I have a general idea of how much I want to complete in a given time (quarter, semester, year) and keep my eye on it, and when my child is on T4L there are requirements regarding the amount of time he must spend, the subjects he must cover or the number of activities he must complete.

Because Doodlebug is in a tutorials all day on Tues and 9:30 to 12:30 on Fri, I would like my child to finish 36 days of T4L in each quarter 9wk quarter. This amounts to 4 days/ week and I had planned to do T4L MWThF, but I haven't been able to track it that closely. When he is on T4L, I usually ask that he complete at least 1 activity in each T4L subject (LA, LAx, Math, Science, SS)

How are y'all managing T4L?
    Mandy

Last edited by Mandy in TN; 12-07-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Chrys is offline Junior Member

I have two students in t4l and we do 5days a week with my daughter (2nd grade) doing english all five days, math m-th, science w, and ss th. My son (5th grade) does english and ss m-th, math m t th f, and science t and th. All of this only takes a few hours and doesn't burn them out on any subject