Problem with Odessy writer
    momoftwob is offline Junior Member

Default Problem with Odessy writer

My son is using the third grade language arts, and at the end of each lesson the odessy writer comes up, with a writing prompt. We have figured out how to enter the text, save, spell check and hand it in, but when we click the exit button nothing happens. It just keeps loading, and the assignment is never marked as completed, so we are not getting the checkmark. I hope this makes sense. It is really making it difficult for us to keep track of where we left off since we can not get the completed checkmark for each section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with Odessy writer

i have no clue good luck tho, i'm sure somebody around here will figure it out
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

momoftwob is offline Junior Member

I hope so, because it looks like none of his language arts assignments are complete. Thanks anyway for the reply.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Clicking the "Hand In" button is what marks the Odyssey Writer assignments as complete. If you see a choice of "teachers" when you have clicked "Hand In", just choose one at random. These are just placeholders and a "teacher" will not grade your student's work. Parents need to provide feedback on the student's writing assignments.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Time4Learning has repackaged it somewhat, to make it more user-friendly for families. The "Assignment" function and the "Grading" function in Odyssey Writer were designed to be used in classrooms and can't be modified for individual use.

Parents who are not comfortable grading their children's writing or who want another opinion often use Time4Writing at some point. The eight-week Time4Writing courses include daily feedback from a personal teacher.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!