Problems getting it to show as completed?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    YOD
    YOD is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Problems getting it to show as completed?

Especially with the tutorials, we have problems with ending a lesson only to not be able to show it as completed on the day's report. Basically we get to the last screen where it says it has ended but it won't let us continue past that to get back to the menu. Anyone know what we're doing wrong? Or is anyone else having the same problem? We've experienced it since we started 2 months ago. Sometimes I can go back and complete it again and the second time it lets me continue through. Sometimes it still won't let me. Suggestions?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Many of the tutorials have a little "Exit" to click on at the lower, lefthand side of the final screen. You must click on that to get it to mark the lesson completed.

Try closing your browser and opening it again before checking to see if the lesson is marked "Completed".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

YOD

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Many of the tutorials have a little "Exit" to click on at the lower, lefthand side of the final screen. You must click on that to get it to mark the lesson completed.

Try closing your browser and opening it again before checking to see if the lesson is marked "Completed".
    Thanks Kelly. I was afraid that hitting the exit button would negate any work my DS had done.

Blog Entries

Glad to help. It is a little confusing sometimes, because there are several different ways to indicate a lesson is finished, depending on the type of lesson.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

YOD

I'm still having a problem with this. I'm continually clicking on the tab that says "done" or "end" and it will not accept it as a finished lesson. We end up going through and doing the same lesson a few times until it finally accepts it. This is becoming a real frustration for us. Right now I'm stuck at one with the only options being "DONE" and "replay". Done won't accept my clicks and I've already "replay"'ed a couple times. I'm doing it myself to be sure that nothing is skipped, missed, or otherwise unfinished to be sure that's not the problem. It's very disheartening for my son to complete a 10-20 minute lesson and not be able to get credit for it.

Blog Entries

Which specific lesson are you having difficulty with? I'll take a look at it.

Erin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Trouble getting lessons marked "Completed"

We also have problems getting all lessons marked completed. We do it over and over and some of the tutorials don't show an official "Exit" button at the end of the lesson. The only option is to sit and stare at the "The End" picture or hit the arrow back, which then brings you back to the star that should be spinning (completed) but it is not. This gets increasingly frustrating the further on you go in the lessons. It will always try to tell you that you have not completed something that you know you did months ago...Obviously you can force your way through to the next lessons but that blinking arrow can be confusing and frustrating for the children.

So here is what I have noticed might be the cause...Macintosh users!!! I have so many problems using Time4learning on our Macintosh. I honestly don't think we have had one day of lessons that something didn't go wrong on our Mac. However, on the bright side, my husband has a Dell computer (Windows) and Time4learning works flawlessly on it. I end up redoing the assignments, for her, that should have already been marked completed, on the Dell. Unfortunately this can mess up her progress reports and that bothers me. So now I am curious, do you use a Macintosh? I suspect you might.

We love time4learning so much that we are going to buy another computer just for her to do school.We aren't happy about replacing a perfectly good (almost new) computer, but we love this curriculum. Any other curriculum we might have just ditched, but not Time4Learning. Kinks and all it has been the best change to our homeschool way of life that we ever could have made!

Thanks Time4Learning!!!

Erin & Family

Heidi 7, Alex 4, Bailey 2

Blog Entries

Time4Learning (especially the playground) works best on a PC with Internet Explorer. The issues with Macs are being looked at, but the glitches are inconsistent. A PC with IE6 is recommended.

YOD

Well, tonight we're having problems with the 2nd grade level Social studies lessons on US monuments. Yesterday is was science with the magnet lessons. It's something every day.

No, I do not have a McIntosh. Never have. It's running on Internet Explorer. I don't know what else it might be. It is extremely frustrating, though. I'm ready to throw in the towel and find something else but I do like the lessons. UGH!

Blog Entries

That does sound frustrating. Let me experiment with that particular lesson for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast