problems with peedy
    HolisticMomof4 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default problems with peedy

Hi, we are trying to program Peedy onto a new computer (vista). We have him but he speaks really, really, really slow. Anyone else have this problem? I've already been all over microsoft support page and couldnt find anything helpful.

frustrated!
    Rebecca

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Have you used him in the past, so you know how his voice is supposed to sound? He does have an odd, halting voice.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

yes, my DS has been sharing my pc at the shop. Peedy works great on the desktop. Actually i thought he read kinda fast. On the laptop he is very slow and chopy. There is a delay of speach some how.

nanaringo is offline Member

How much RAM do you have on the laptop vs. the desktop. Not having enough RAM would cause Peedy to be slow, choppy, etc. It would cause the same problems with games and other applications like word processing programs would work more slowly as well.
    Nanaringo

Could be the RAM. We bought a low end laptop to use just for T4L. We have 1017MB RAM, I found out today Vista take 513MB just to run itself. maybe if i install more RAM it will fix the problem??