the puppets used
    tropicalmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default the puppets used

Has anyone had an issue with their child thinking the puppets used in some levels in the elementary levels are "creepy"? I have no idea exactly what my 6 yo DD means, but she is refusing to do certain lessons because the puppet guy "creeps her out" (her words! LOL). I don't want her to skip these lessons as she isn't a reader yet and these are the ones that help in that area! The very reason I wanted to try this program. Any ideas?

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: the puppets used

That reminds me of my kids...my son was watching Yo Gabba Gabba the other night, and said, "its scaring me!" I asked what in the world was scary, and he replies, "that guy is freaking me out!" hmm Yo Gabba Gabba is a bit strange.....

My oldest daughter does the same with random videos, commercials, etc.

Maybe you should just sit with her during those lessons, and laugh at the silliness together. Just a thought...
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Someone said their child was afraid of the monkey in 4th/5th/6th math.

Kids are all different. How many times have you heard stories of children who cried when taken to see "Santa"?

If it interferes with the lesson, this style of lessons may not be a good fit. If she just casually remarked that they're "creepy", then maybe she can tolerate the creepy ones in order to avoid using textbooks. TEXTBOOKS . . . now THOSE really creep MY kids out!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Sams Grandma is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi there,
    My grandson Sam finds that figuring out a name for the puppets really helps - he gets to name them all like "Sarg" who is his favorite, and "Teacher guy", and scubaman and spaceman. I am always at his side during lessons for reasons of attention so that may also make a difference.
    Sylvia

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

textbooks ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!