Question about 8th Grade Language Arts
    jcbsews is offline Junior Member

Default Question about 8th Grade Language Arts

Hello!

We've got a 2nd grader who LOVES T4L, and a 7th grader (and a mom!) who hates K12. So, I'm considering T4L for 8th grade. I know I'd have to supplement for science (unless someone has come up with a list of lessons to cover middle school physical science!), and I'm concerned about English.

8th grade Language Arts shows only 64 activities in the lesson plans list. Is this actually sufficient for a full year, or should I plan to:

Get some other language arts/reading curriculum to supplement
    OR
    have her do both the 7th and 8th grade language arts lessons for her 8th grade year
    OR
    some other option?

Thanks for any input you can offer!

JC

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some of those language activities may take a little longer to do, because they include writing projects (especially during the second half of the school year). Some students like to work on their writing projects for several days at a time, instead of completing it all in one sitting.

The language arts extensions are part of the language program, too, and that's another 85 activities (plus tests and quizzes). I think the language program is one of Time4Learning's strong points. It covers a lot, but doesn't take hours a day to do. If you want to supplement, you might consider a [http://www.time4writing.com]Time4Writing[/url] course at some point during the year.

Seventh grade social studies works great for most eighth graders. (I use it for my high schoolers.) If you want to specifically cover PHYSICAL science, you probably would want to use a science supplement.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!