Question about Assignments
    SmithLea is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about Assignments

Hi there! I am new to the forums here, but Ive been using Time 4 Learning for about 3 years now, mailnly as a source of supplimenting with another curriculum. Recently, however, I am now using it as the main source of education for my three kids. My question is though, how do I make assignments? I cant seem to figure that out

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

The assignment tab within Time4Learning is not a working feature. This program was developed for and is still used in many school districts around the country. Teachers are not given access to the entire curriculum at once and use the assignment feature with students. Time4Learning provides members with access to the entire grades curriculum. You can use your Lesson Plans to list the activity numbers you wish to assign to your child. Your child can then input the activity number in the activity finder of his/her account. That will pull up that specific activity.

Below is a tip you can use to search the lesson plans for specific topics. Once on the page you want to search through...

Click the Ctrl and F keys on your keyboard at the same time. This will open a “Find” box. Type in the word or phrase you are looking for and click “Next.” We suggest limiting the word criteria you are looking for to find better results. For example, if you are looking for “How to Simplify Fractions,” your search should be for “fractions” or “simplify”.

Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Time4Learning provides parents with an Activity Scheduler within the parent login. If you want to pick and choose the lessons you want your student to do, the method Janet suggests, above is great. If you prefer to use the curriculum in the suggested sequence, the Activity Scheduler is a wonderful tool for deciding how much to do each day.

Log in to your parent account and click on your student's name under Student Activity Schedule. Then click on Create/Access Activity Plan. To understand how the scheduler works, be sure to view the instructional videos on the upper, right side of the Create/Access area.

Instead of having my kids check off the lessons online as they finish them, I print the completed schedule a week at a time and they check it off with a pencil. This keeps them from needing to navigate back and forth between their lesson screen and the online schedule.

The schedule calculates the number of activities to be done each week. On Sunday, before I print the week's schedule, I log in and assign certain days to each activity. I used to try and do that for the whole year in advance, but it works better for me to do it weekly. That way, I can easily adjust as we go along, if my child needs to repeat an activity or takes a sick day or something.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Way to many assignments!!

I am new here also. I used the scheduler but came out with so many lessons for one week. I thought this program was going to help me with homeschooling. Now Im just more confused. There is no way ,y son can do all the lessons in one week, and I am not sure which to eliminate and which to keep. Please someone who is better then me please help me with this part.

Wendie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wendie, which grade level and subject? Do ALL the subjects contain too many lessons? You should leave the final chapter (practice) off the schedule for fourth through eighth grades.

Remember that some of the activities are only a quiz (ten questions which should take around five minutes) or something else that only takes a few minutes.

I can help more if I know the grade level(s) your child is working at.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!