Question about LA Extension grade 1
    Melissa55 is offline Junior Member

Default Question about LA Extension grade 1

Can someone tell me why the LA Extension resource (worksheets) repeat themselves? Often I see the same worksheet under more than one activity. Thank you Melissa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Those worksheets "go with" the unit instead of with the lesson activity. Since it doesn't matter when during the unit they are completed, they are offered with each lesson activity in that unit.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

i also have a question about the ela ex 1st grade. i was wondering if i should use the guide for each chapter? im a litte confused about how it all works. we are in K right now so im not able to see the 1 grade under the ex section yet. i was trying to get next years schedule narrowed down a bit and not sure how to do the ex part thanks.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I prefer to have my own first and second graders complete the core language arts each year, and THEN do the language arts extensions. This is because the core language arts focuses on teaching reading and phonics, and the readers provided are decodable and phonics-based. The readers in the extensions are a bit more difficult. Secondly, both the core language arts and language arts extensions often assign writing. On the days when a writing assignment comes up in both subjects, it's just too much. Last, the language arts extensions are all based around excellent social studies and science topics. By the time my students are finished with the core language arts, they are also finished with the few actual science and social studies lessons provided. The science and social studies in the language arts extensions makes up nicely for this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!