Question about LA extension and SpellingCity
    LaineyBug24 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Question about LA extension and SpellingCity

Question #1
    My daughter is taking 3rd grade Language Arts. I have her plan set up for detailed plan for the year but I'm not seeing how to add the extension to the plan. Also, when she goes to her dashboard she doesn't have a link for the LA extension. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Question #2
    If I pay for the SpellingCity add-on will I be able to add that to her lesson plan or will I have to come up with something myself?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about LA extension and SpellingCity

Language arts extensions is optional. To add it to your child's courses, log in to your parent dashboard and click on Manage Students. Below your student's name, select Adjust K-8 Subject and Course. You will be taken to a page that lists all of the material that is included in your membership. Below each subject, you can choose the grade level, delete the subject, add the subject, or leave it as-is. Language Arts Extensions is one of those subjects. Be sure you click the yellow button at the bottom of the page to save your selections.

If you change subjects or grade levels, you need to create a new plan. You can either start "from scratch" with a completely new plan (in which case you will want to remember to set the new plan as your student's default, so it shows up when they click the My Plan tab), or you can create an additional plan that contains just the new subject, print it, and have your child consult the paper plan for just that subject.

Spelling City is a separate program. It does include a way to plan the activities your student does.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!