Question about Levels
    SweetSugarChef is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about Levels

I'm sorry if this is a "dumb" question, and I've been looking around to try and figure this out. I've probably come across the answer someplace and just don't realize it---it's easy to get wrapped up in all this information and get overwhelmed.......

So here's the question: On the "Levels" on each subject lesson, is each level for 'easy' - 'medium' - 'hard' or is it an actual grade level or 1 -2 and 3?

My son's is doing 2nd grade, and we are doing each "level" -- In the math, I was wondering if he was having a hard time because the "Level 3" is more of a 3rd grade level?

He's done well and finished the other subjects, but the Level 3 math is holding him back. Just wasn't sure about it and any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The levels are intended to correspond to grades, so your son is doing math intended for third graders.

I don't tell my own children that the levels correspond to grades, because I have some of them working at levels BELOW their actual grade level. That's fine, as long as they're learning.

I usually recommend that new students begin at a level that is somewhat easy for them, until they are comfortable with the program. That's my personal recommendation, based on my own experience, and not necessarily something Time4Learning has an opinion about.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!