Question about the practice section at the end of level 6 math.
    kelliorta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about the practice section at the end of level 6 math.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving my daughter too much, and wanted to know how others were using the chapter 11 practice section? Also I want to know if you guys are also giving them all the worksheets too, or are you just using those when they are struggling in an area?

Thanks so much!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here's the story behind the "practice" section. That used to be the math curriculum! When it was updated and the new lessons were added, the old curriculum was moved to that end section to be available for extra practice . . . because the material was really too good to just discard. (The old tests and quizzes weren't retained.)

So, you don't need to use them at all. In most cases, the math curriculum will bd complete without those lessons. Most kids need a little extra practice on a few concepts, and it's great to have the extra lessons when that happens.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kelliorta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Thanks!

That helps so much. I was thinking my goodness that was a lot. It iscool to have for extra help though. Did you have a thought on the worksheets? how are people using those?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Kelli, I featured your question about worksheet use on our Community Home page, so you might want to check over there for additional input.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!