Question about subjects
    Theresa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about subjects

I have decided to home school my 13yr old daughter. She is entering the 8th grade, a resource told me this was a great program. However when I signed up I notice that there was no social studies or science for her. My question is do they provide this program for her or do I need to look at other resources?

Thank you Theresa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning provides math and language lessons, plus science and social studies as a free bonus for most grades.

Eighth graders who have not used Time4Learning in the past usually are placed in sixth grade science and seventh grade social studies. Beyond about the fourth grade level, the difference in science and social studies lessons isn't based on "difficulty". It's based on content. Since each curriculum will have its own idea about when to study science and social studies concepts, students who have not previously used Time4Learning usually don't find they are "repeating" work already done. (I used the seventh grade social studies, which is an excellent overview of American history, for a couple of my freshman kids.)

If in doubt, have her try a couple of the tests BEFORE doing the lessons. If she scores well, perhaps you do need to look for outside resources for those two subjects. If she gets less than about 80%, you will know that the Time4Learning lessons will be appropriate for her.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!