Question on lessons....
    Ellechim is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question on lessons....

So, when my 1st grader logs in and we see all these lessons.....are these for the whole year? Week? Day? (I hope not! lol) Are there more added later? I am confused about how "long" these lessons are for, so I know how many to do a day with him.

Thanks!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Question on lessons....

all of the lessons that you see in front of you are aimed for an entire year of course material. some parents use an equation of how many total lessons there are divided by how many days they'll be attending school and that's how they know how many to do ... but one of them will have to explain that further since that's not how we do it lol. we just go until we're done here, sometimes we take breaks, sometimes we do a lot more than what we need to ... and it all balances out it the end. hope that helps, welcome to the group!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

In our family we go in order and work until we find a natural end. Sometimes my boys are really engaged and doing well so we move ahead. Other days... well, not so much. No use pushing it if no one is getting anything out of it. We seem to keep a good pace though. And as a homeschooler no one is holding a stick over our heads saying you must do such and such on THIS day or by THIS date. We enjoy that.

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Hello and welcome! If you click on the Lesson Plans Tab there at the top (next to the Parent Forum tab) you will see how many activities (I call them stars) there are for the grade level. Divide the number of activities by themonths, weeks or days in your school year to find out how to pace your children. Or just wing it. Many parents let their kids go with the flow. I have a printed sheet that shows how many activities I expect my children to each complete in their different subjects daily, and we call that "doing one day's worth of T4L." So when I tell them to do it, they know how much it is. HTH
    Melissa.

Ellechim is offline Junior Member Newbie

Perfect, thank you!! That's what I was hoping, that this was for the whole year, and there wouldn't be any more added later or something.

Thank you for the welcome!