Question on use
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By peachereader
  • 1 Post By xinemae

Thread: Question on use

peachereader is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question on use

Is there a way for me to monitor how many lessons my son has completed and how many lessons are left to complete a subject?

Thank you for any help,
    Peachereader

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Log in as a parent to view your child's reports. You can also use the lesson plans and the new lesson scheduler to see how many activities are left in each subject.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Thank You

Hi Thank you so very much! This helped a lot.
    Yours,
    Peachereader

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi! Log in as a parent to view your child's reports. You can also use the lesson plans and the new lesson scheduler to see how many activities are left in each subject.

littletfarms is offline Member

I have to closely monitor mine. What I have done is print the lesson plans out and put them in a cheap notebook. I tabbed the first page of each section such as "Tim-LA," "Tim-Math," "Tabi-LAX" by folding over mailing labels on the page. That makes it easier to get to the sections, obviously. I run a report and put their grades in the folder, check off work, etc.

You can draw lines in it to show where you want them to be each day. Also, if a grade is too low (below 80 for me) I circle to make sure it is redone. When the whole page is done I put a smiley in the bottom corner so I know to quit looking at the page.

I started this before the scheduler existed. But, I am able to tell how many are left by looking in that book. I very quickly added up the number of activities in each chapter and wrote that next to the chapter name to help track that.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Quote Originally Posted by littletfarms View Post
    I have to closely monitor mine. What I have done is print the lesson plans out and put them in a cheap notebook. I tabbed the first page of each section such as "Tim-LA," "Tim-Math," "Tabi-LAX" by folding over mailing labels on the page. That makes it easier to get to the sections, obviously. I run a report and put their grades in the folder, check off work, etc.

You can draw lines in it to show where you want them to be each day. Also, if a grade is too low (below 80 for me) I circle to make sure it is redone. When the whole page is done I put a smiley in the bottom corner so I know to quit looking at the page.

I started this before the scheduler existed. But, I am able to tell how many are left by looking in that book. I very quickly added up the number of activities in each chapter and wrote that next to the chapter name to help track that.
    Thank you for such an excellent idea! I am slowly learning. We started using the program as a suppliment and now are using the program as a full time program.
    Thank you so much for the help,
    Peachereader
    jpenn likes this.

xinemae is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have everything in an excel spread sheet. Each subject has its own tab. When lessons and quizzes are completed, they're highlighted gray. If there's a low grade (Under 80) it gets a different shade and our son must redo the lesson/quiz. I use the formulas within excel to keep a running track of his grades and with the highlighting, he can quickly glance at the file and see what needs to be done. I've also got a formula that "counts down" how many lessons are left in each subject.
    littletfarms likes this.
    Life is too short not to have fun!
    Family Portraits
    www.NotYourAveragePhotos.com

littletfarms is offline Member

You are welcome. Best wishes working it out for your family. Time4Learning has been wonderful for us I am just not sure how I've been homeschooling for 14 years and just found it last December!
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00