Question on using scheduler to exclude lessons
    jennysmi is offline Junior Member

Default Question on using scheduler to exclude lessons

Hi-
    I made up a yearly schedule thru T4L. I'd like to skip some of these activities and have the scheduler assign other ones. Is there a way to do this? For example, we went over Mesopotamia last year when we weren't using T4L and I'd like to skip ahead in History..is there a way to exclude this lesson and have the program schedule something else?
    Thanks!
    ~Jenny

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The scheduler is a new resource, with limited abilities so far. Unfortunately, individual activities can't be excluded. You can, however, input start and stop dates, as well as the beginning and ending activity numbers. If I want to exclude a block of activities, I generate one schedule for BEFORE that block, and another for AFTER that block.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jennysmi is offline Junior Member

Thanks Kelly-
    I didn't think there was a way to do that but was hoping. I'll try to work with the start/stop dates and see if that works. Maybe we'll just do something not T4L related in History that day.
    Thanks for replying..

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    The scheduler is a new resource, with limited abilities so far. Unfortunately, individual activities can't be excluded. You can, however, input start and stop dates, as well as the beginning and ending activity numbers. If I want to exclude a block of activities, I generate one schedule for BEFORE that block, and another for AFTER that block.
    ~Jen
    Mom to an 10 year old boy-in our first week of T4L
    "All that is gold does not glitter.."

pcmama98 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Activity scheduler

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    I cannot seem to figure out how to use the activity scheduler. The video helped in showing me how to use it, but when I attempt to add a lesson to start with it will not allow me to type it in so I am lost...am I doing something wrong? I know where to find them and how to use them on the site, but how do I choose lessons for printing out a plan etc?..

wellowlbe is offline Junior Member

I believe you use the pulldown menu to select the lesson plan number.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmama98 View Post
    I cannot seem to figure out how to use the activity scheduler. The video helped in showing me how to use it, but when I attempt to add a lesson to start with it will not allow me to type it in so I am lost...am I doing something wrong? I know where to find them and how to use them on the site, but how do I choose lessons for printing out a plan etc?..