questions about reports and completed icons
    tai_renee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default questions about reports and completed icons

my son has completed a couple lessons and the icon shows completed with the check mark. I noticed in the hints that when a lesson is mastered that a different icon shows up. Now I also read that mastered is 70% or above. So my question is why do the mastered icons not show if he has mastered them? Also in the progress reports I can print up the bar should reflect the green color for mastered if his score is above 70% right? But it doesn't. Am I not understanding how this works? Someone please explain it to me?

My problem is my sons father is trying to getme into trouble with the courts for failure to educate my son. So I need to be able to clearly navigate through this for the courts should a hearing take place.

I have printed up some of the info pages with the screen shots that explain the program and the functions and how it works but this completed and mastered issue I don't understand.

Also can you tell me are their only certain sections that have the tests? I see quizes and such but not the tests. I am confoosed! lol

Robin is offline Senior Member

I found this thread that may help you: https://www.time4learning.net/forum/view ... t=mastered

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The reports will show "Mastered" when the student obtains 70% or above in a lesson activity that is designed to demonstrate mastery.

Not all lesson activities are graded, since they are intended to TEACH, not to ASSESS. They are marked "Learning Activity".

Some learning activities will be graded, but are not intended to assess mastery. These are labeled "Scored Learning Activity".

Lack of a "Mastery" indicator does not mean the material was not mastered. It merely means the student is not far enough along in the unit to have mastered enough concepts to obtain an objective.

As an example, an objective might be Understand and represent commonly used fractions, such as 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2. Along the way, the student will be presented with lesson activities about identifying a fraction, understanding one-half, and the difference between 1/4 and 1/3. He might score very well on each individual lesson activity, but he will not have demonstrated mastery over the objective until he has completed all of the lesson activities and passed a test designed to determine mastery.

Here is a link that outlines some national and state objectives.

Check out the icon key for additional help.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sisymay is offline Member

Hmm, funny how SCHOOLS don't get in trouble for not teaching the children.

DWest is offline Junior Member Newbie

schools never get into trouble. My stepchildrens mom had the kids out of school for 21 days during the 2nd semester of a school year and they didn't even do anything! Now we have to wonder, why can't the children learn? DAH!!!