Re-take a test? Change the score?
    Supergirl9801 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re-take a test? Change the score?

Are you able to have your child re-take a test and have their score changed on their record? I am very "web educated" and find this site a little difficult to navigate. Everything pops open a new page/tab. The guide (which I do finder user friendly and dumbed down enough so to speak) still leaves what seems like obvious things to me left unaswered.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Because the program was designed for schools, it follows the typical "school" practice of averaging ALL attempts into the final score. The grade for a second attempt does not replace the grade for the first attempt. Schools like to do this, because it doesn't seem right for a student who required multiple attempts to end up with the same grade as a student who scored well the first time.

Many parents just use the information provided in the reports to calculate a grade their own way. My own kids' reports are covered with my chicken scratches!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!