? re tests and quizzes
    amnehomeschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default ? re tests and quizzes

I was reading through some of the posts and have a question re: the tests and quizzes. Do they automatically get directed to the quizzes and tests. I see some of you write them in on the lesson plans. Arent they already on them. When it shows a test or quizz icon at the botoom of the screen do they take that after they complete all the lessons? i guess I am a bit confused if I need to anywhere else to make them do the tests. Thanks Brooke

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The tests and quizzes do not appear on the current lesson plans (except core language arts). They will appear on the new lesson plans which will hopefully be ready to launch early this year.

When a test or quiz icon appears at the bottom of a screen, the student is to take it after completing all of the learning activities on that screen. This is the assessment of whether the material has been mastered.

In math, science, and social studies, the flashing arrow will proceed to the next learning activity, whether a test or quiz has been taken or not. If a student completes all of the learning activities on a screen and leaves the test or quiz for the next day, they often forget and just proceed to the first learning activity of the next unit. That is why I instruct my own children to complete a test or quiz immediately after finishing the last learning activity on a screen.

In core language arts, the tests and quizzes are not separate icons on the bottom of the page, so the flashing arrow will point to them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

amnehomeschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

That makes sense. It just took me a while to figure that out. I am glad they are going to have revised lesson plans I will look forward to that. I just use them as reference and mark them off as my children do them. I think having them do the test or quizz after is smart so they dont forget the material learned. Brooke