Reports

Thread: Reports

sherbobhanjen is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Reports

Is anyone else having a hard time with the inaccuracy of the report generator? My reports often are incomplete...they won't show some of the subjects that I KNOW my children have completed (they show as completed on their accounts AND/OR I have watched them do the activity). It is driving me CRAZY!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here's some information to make sure your children are actually marking lessons complete.

Are you looking at the actual Reports, and not the Recent Activity? The portfolio defaults to Recent Activity, which isn't as customizable as the actual Reports. Make sure you have clicked on the Reports tab within the portfolio, and selected options for customization before generating a report.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

blriley is offline Junior Member

Default ??

I'm generating reports fine and don't notice anything missing; however, I will look over DD's scores and have her go through with me any lessons that I'm not satisfied with her score. When she goes through the lesson again, she gets everything correct so not sure if the first time she just didn't pay attention or what (several times she said she just answered when she didn't hear what was said so fixed that by showing her how to get it to repeat). Anyway, when I go back to reports it still shows the original score. Is there no way to update the score when the lesson is repeated and improved? or is it that there is something wrong in the scoring that marks things wrong that were correct resulting in the score for the second time being wrong? I hope that makes sense

Thanks,
    Betsy

Blog Entries

Hi, Betsy. Scores for all attempts should appear in the students reports. The first score isn't updated with the second score. Each attempt is averaged in with the rest of them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

blriley is offline Junior Member

Default thanks

Thanks for the response. It appears then that there is something wrong in the scoring b/c what shows in the report I generate might be as follows (just made up lesson #'s and scores): LA lesson 2: Matching upper and lowercase letters- scored activity 60%. I then sit with her while she goes through the lesson, and she doesn't miss anything. I then generate the report again and it still shows a score of 60%. If it is supposed to average, then after the second attempt being 100%, the score should be 80% from what I understand you to say. All the lessons she has done thus far are things I know she knows (she's actually enrolled in an online public school and has mostly completed Kindergarten so been through all this) and am surprised to see such low scores but had figured she just wasn't paying attention or something; however, it appears it is something in the program not what she is entering since does it perfect the 2nd time with no help other than my sitting there and the score is still the same. Should I just contact tech support? Thanks so much for your help!

Betsy

Blog Entries

Each attempt should appear by itself in the reports. In the example you gave above, you should be seeing one score of sixty percent and a second score of 100 percent.

It's the total score (of whatever report you generate) that uses both scores in its average.