Retesting

Thread: Retesting

casonnier is offline Junior Member

Default Retesting

When my kids get less than a 70% on a quiz/test I usually make them do it over again to make sure all the basic concepts have been learned and to make sure they are understanding what they are reading.

Is there a way to delete a previously non-passing (<70%) score from their reports? Right now it averages both test scores and I'd rather it not.

Thanks,
    Cara

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The program uses the typical "school" method of awarding an average of all scores when a test is attempted multiple times. Unfortunately, the scores can't be deleted. Many homeschooling parents want to use an alternate method of averaging grades, so they simply disregard the "total", penciling in their own score. My own kids' reports are covered with my chicken scratches!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

casonnier is offline Junior Member

Thanks so much for the clarification. I just wanted to check to see if I was missing something.

I opted to create a spreadsheet and just average the scores per subject so they could see overall how they did the previous week. I saved a 'read only' copy to the desktop so they could view it at any time but couldn't make changes.

Cara