Saving place in lessons?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Saving place in lessons?

SeekingSquirrels is offline Junior Member

Default Saving place in lessons?

Is there a way to save your place in the middle of a lesson or skip through to get back where you left off? Twice now my daughter has clicked something that ends up making her leave the lesson and she has to start it completely over. One time it was on the last screen. In Spiders for LA 2 it said she could print the poem. When she clicked the button for printing, it exited her out but did not mark her lesson as completed. I had to click all the way back through her lesson just to go one screen further to get it marked as complete. The second time she was doing a lesson in math. I'm not sure what she clicked and I wasn't looking over her shoulder so I don't know how much of the lesson she had finished already, but she had to start back at the beginning. We've only been doing this two days, so if this is going to happen daily, that's a big waste of time that could be spent on a new lesson. :/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The lessons are all in different formats, so some can be paused and some can't. I can tell you that this will happen less often as she gets accustomed to how the program works.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SeekingSquirrels is offline Junior Member

Can you tell me what usually causes it? She's not even sure what she's done to make it exit each time. The one time was hitting print, but every other time (we've had several now) she just calls me over and it's a blank web page. :/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here is that poem. (Click to view it larger.) The big option icons at the lower, right (which include the option to print) do not appear until a second or two after the computer has finished reading the entire poem aloud to the student. I wonder if she hit the Exit option at the top, left instead? My kids used to get impatient waiting for lessons to run all the way through.

I just love these language arts extensions! It's been awhile since any of mine were at that level, and I enjoyed the look back. There's a LOT of spider information here. I think a student doing Time4Learning language arts extensions could get by without any additional science or social studies.

Name:  spider.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  35.3 KB
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!