Saying, "Hello" and have a question
    Nava Michaels is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Saying, "Hello" and have a question

Hi Everyone!

My name is Nava, and I've been homeschooling for 13 years now. My 18 yo ds is now helping me teach my 3 nephews, and we had a wonderful day today! I love this program!

I do have a question. Maybe it's already listed, but I haven't found it yet. Anyway, since I'm homeschooling my sister's boys, is there an application to communicate "homework" assignments to them?

Thanks! I'm so glad this forum is here.
    Nava Michaels

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Saying, "Hello" and have a question

Welcome, Nava and nephews!

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to individuals. Time4Learning has repackaged the curriculum for family use, adding the playground and modifying other features. The "Assignments" function is intended for classroom use and is not functional for families. There is no teacher/student communication application in Time4Learning.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sarkged is offline Junior Member Newbie

It would be helpful to be able to assign a group of activities all at once for a particular day. For example, if I wanted my 1st grader to do (or redo) 3 specific activities in math (10101, 10108, and 10195, for instance) I would like to be able to enter those numbers at one sitting and have him complete those activities. Is there no way to accomplish this?

thx

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Not online. Some parents print the lesson plans and just write the dates next to the lesson activity numbers.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mom2ahrj is offline Member

nava, i'm not exactly sure what you are looking for but there is an online scheduling program called "homeschool skedtrack" - it will allow you to set up subjects with assignments for each child and even track grades - we use it because my kids came from doing virtual schooling through the public schools and really enjoyed having their own "account" where they logged in each day to get assignments - it took me about a day to get all the assignments entered for three kids for the year - but now it's done and they just log into their account each day and there are the lessons they are supposed to do - btw, i didn't enter anything more than the lesson #'s - then they just type that number into their t4l screen

another thought is that you could assign any worksheets that go with the lessons for "homework" - or maybe some of the suggested activities - just be careful because i've noticed that some of the math worksheets are meant to be completed DURING the lesson

jenn