Saying hello from Tennessee.
    Christie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Saying hello from Tennessee.

Hi all. My name is Christie. I have been lurking around and reading everything I can about T4L for about a month or so. I have a 13yr old son that will be coming out of PS at the end of this school year(if we can make it three more months). We went ahead and signed up here to get started now, and we like what we see so far. Thank you for such a great resource and tool for HSing. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Christie

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

WELCOME! Glad to have you!

miap is offline Junior Member

Christie,
    Welcome to you and your son! We have just started our 13yr. old daughter with this program and she loves it! Good luck!
    Mia in Indiana

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Hi Christie, I'm Northeast Tn I live not far from Pigeon Forge Tn (Gatlinburg) if you know where that is. I have a 8 yr old little girl in third grade. We have been homeschooling just two years. She struggles in reading so I pulled her out at the beginning of second grade to work with her. She is doing a lot better in her reading, but I'm not sure what grade level she is at. I have an appt. tomorrow morning with the public school that she attend, they are going to do a reading test (Woodcock Johnson) to see where shes at. I wish you the best with your homeschooling experience and I'm sure you'll get lots of support here.

Cindy

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Christie. I am so glad to "meet" you. I think you're 13 year old is going to LOVE doing school this way. It probably won't even feel like school to him.

Cindy4hope, I love where you live. We went to Pigeon Forge for our first anniversary and I thought it was just gorgeous.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome!! glad you're no longer lurking
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Christie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi ladies. Thanks for the warm welcome. We were trying to finish out this school year before HS'ing again, but things got really bad yesterday and today I signed kiddo out of the school. This is the best decision I have ever made in my life and my sons. So we have officially dived head long into this adventure.

God is Good , Always!

Cindy4hope, hi, I know your area well, we have family in Sevierville. We love it over there and we go out there to camp and play often.

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Christie, was your son having trouble in school? I have a third grader that I'm homeschooling this year. We have made over all a year and a half of ground in reading since I pulled her out. She is struggling in math, but I am hoping we can work on that even through the summer to get her caught up. Happy to hear you are doing well.

Getting ready to buy my DollyWood Season Tickets. My daugther (Lexie) loves going there, and we are only an hour and half from there. Am so glad Spring is here! Was starting to get cabin fever. Nice to meet you. Sit down put your feet up and stay for a while . LOL!