scheduling???

Thread: scheduling???

JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Default scheduling???

So how many lessons a day in each subject do your kids do?

We have 4 kids using one computer, so I have them take turns doing a few lessons and then later they all go back and take turns doing the playground time. (Instead of doing playground time after the lesson)

In order to get done in about a school year, how many lessons do you have to do a day?

Thanks,Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jennifer,

I have my younger boys do 2 lessons in Math, LA and LA Extensions.

The older boys do 3-4. Here is how I did my lesson plans. I went to the lesson plan section and copied out each child's lesson plans. (excluding SS/Science since we don't use those)

I have a 3" binder and each child has their own section. I put all their math/La & LA extensions. I noticed in most of the lesson plans has 2-3 lesson numbers (not including quizzes or tests) for each icon. (not always)

So I schedule 2-3 per subject per day and then just draw a line through it once they pass. I then print out my weekly progress report on Sunday and 3 hole it under their name.

I hope this helps,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are a variety of ways to schedule, and I hope a lot of people pop in to this thread to share their schedules.

I, personally, divide the number of lesson activities in each subject by the number of days in our school year. That tells me how many lesson activities a child has to do each day to finish a level during the school year. When they do a lesson activity, they also do any associated tests and quizzes, to be sure they aren't forgotten. (The arrow will proceed to the next lesson activity, even if the test or quiz hasn't been done.) I print out the lesson plans, writing in the tests, quizzes, and worksheets, just to be sure. Like Mary, I use the lesson plans as a checklist.

(Note: New, improved lesson plans are in the works. Stay tuned. )

My children also do any associated worksheets at the same time they do the online lessons. My older children print them themselves. I print the whole year's worth for my younger kids, and keep them in a binder. (The worksheets, not the kids! )

In first and second grade, where there are so few science and social studies lessons, I just let them finish up the Time4Learning lessons at the beginning of the school year and then start using our supplemental science and social studies stuff.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

OH MY! I never knew there was so much printing to be done!

Do the worksheets have to be done to get the full benefit of the lesson or are they extra?

I was thinking of printing out the portfolio once a month. I don't have to keep records except for myself. My one ds is receiving benefits(what little they offer) to learning disabled kids not in the district.And he goes to dyslexia class.So I'd like to be able to print his stuff to show them how he is doing.

How do you schedule the LA extention activities? It seems Mary does one a day?

Good tip about the tests, I thought if I was following the arrow, then I'd be ok.

So I should print out the lesson plans and use them to make sure the kids are doing all the activities??

Do you print one report or do it by subjects?

thanks!!!

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Many users choose not to use the worksheets at all. Others use them only for lessons the child is having difficulty with. They are optional.

The language arts extension activities are to be used as desired in areas where the student needs more practice, or in an area of special interest to your child. You may pick and choose, or not use them at all.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Whew! Ok sounds good to me!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Yes Jennifer,

We tried it without the worksheets but my boys needed the re-enforcement!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

We don't own a printer and if my dd needs re-enforcement, I get out the white board or some manipulatives.

We do math and LA daily working for about 90 total. We do the science and ss about 1-2 days a week.

Well, my printer isn't working at the moment, so I am so glad to hear that it is optional. Hopefully, my kids won't need the reinforcement for now OR I can get by doing what NewLifeAcademy suggests.

Thanks, Jennifer