Science for 1st grade
    ljenator is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Science for 1st grade

My son's favorite thing is Science, and I just realized that there are only 16 activities in science for 1st grade. He's actually done both 1st and 2nd grade science on T4L. I wanted to keep him at the same level with more information without it getting too complicated for him right now.

He reads, but basic sentences at this point, so if we go any higher, I'm afraid he'll get frustrated.

Is this really all the science there is for him on his level at T4L, and if so, any suggestion to where I go from here?
    Lisa
    KBH Academy
    WAHM to K, B, and H

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Lisa. Those are some of my kids' favorite activities, too, and I wish there were more! A Time4Learning subscription includes math and language arts, with science and social studies as a free bonus for most grades. Until third grade, the science isn't a complete program, although the language arts extensions are based around some great science and social studies topics, so they do get some additional science there.

I like to use this typical course of study as a guide and fill in with library books, YouTube videos, Brainpop, etc.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!