Searching the lesson plans?
    peasmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Searching the lesson plans?

I really want to keep using T4L, but we seem to be following DDs lead on what she wants to learn. Right now she's all about grammar, wanting to learn about adjectives, nouns and verbs.(she's 6 and currently doing the 2nd grade LA). Did my tired eyes overlook this, anyone know where I can find such a lesson here? Is there a way to search?
    I'm really not thrilled with the non user friendly activity scheduler. I came in thinking I would be able to load up exactly what I wanted DD to work on daily but instead she's all over the place following arrows or clicking on whatever catches her eye. I can't bring myself to say "NO! We need to wait to learn that!". It's a pain to not have extra things I would like to do that go along with the curriculum ready, like experiments or activities. Bummer.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The program is designed to be used in sequence. It does take some work, if you decide to use the lessons in a different order.

The activity scheduler helps you decide how many activities in each subject to do per week. The arrow points out the correct sequence.

Here's an article about T4L and grammar that might help in your quest for "noun" lessons.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

littletfarms is offline Member

I started before they had the scheduler. So, I learned what worked best for me without it. I print out the scope and sequence. I copy it all from the site and post it into excel. It will need some tweaking in there but it only takes a couple of minutes.

Anyway, I make assignments off of it. We aren't looking for specifics, so I simply print out a weeks worth at a time for her to go off of.

But, once you have it in excel, you could search the document for "noun" or whatever. Actually, you could search the scope while it is still online. But, you wouldn't have the nice excel sheet to work off of

All that said, often the grammar points are in language arts extension, not language arts.

HTH.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You can also use your browser's Search function to search the lesson plans, but you're limited to the words that actually appear on the page.

To see whether a certain word or phrase appears on the page, type Ctrl and F. A "find" box will appear. Type the word or phrase in the box and hit Enter. The first instance of the word or phrase will be highlighted in the text. Hit Enter again, and the next instance will be highlighted. Continue until you find (or DON'T find ) what you need.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Midwest Rose is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm brand new and have similar questions. We use it to supplement other curricula, and my understanding when signing up was that it could be used for supplementation, "afterschooling," or homeschooling, so I'm not sure why it's designed to be used only sequentially.

I've gone into the scheduler to the lesson plan. From there, I scroll through the areas that ds could use some supplementing or areas of interest. Sorry I'm not much help.