Second Semester:help
    cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Default Second Semester:help

Ok, the second semester starts this week, and I feel so far behind. We are doing time4learning in some subjects. I am just praying she is getting enough. I am second guessing myself alot lately. I just have so much on my plate, I have consider sending her back next year. That's not what I really want to do, but I find I just can't get organized enough and displined enough lately.

My 21 year old is going through a hard time, as well as her father and I. Don't want to go into all the personal stuff but it's a mess let's just say! I have just fealt overwhelmed . It's so unfair to my 8 year old. I'm praying that things will turn around, but they don't look good right now. My 21 year might have to move back home due to her situation. I don't know if I can handle it all! Sorry to vent here, but sure could use your prayers right now.

Thank you and Hope you all have a Blessed New Year!!

Cindy

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Second Semester:help

Oh (((Cindy)))

First of all, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. Let me just encourage you in your homeschool journey by telling you that the greatest thing about homeschooling is it's flexibility. Maybe this would be a good time to slow down your time4learning program for a bit and have your daughter do one lesson per subject everyday, rather than spurts here and there. Also, when I am feeling disconnected from my kids because of busyness I find selecting a good book and simply making myself sit and read one chapter a day does wonders for my heart. It helps to reconnect. I would say, embrace where your at, slow down, and simply enjoy this part of your life. Trying to do too much makes it just one more thing on your plate. I think you are going to be surprised when your daughter has her year end testing. Children learn in spite of us. (((Praying for you)))
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Thanks Mary! I am starting back homeschooling today even though the ps is out, I want to work on these cold days when I have the time and that way if I have to take a day off I don't feel so bad. I have to get all my progress reports and attedance together for Lexie, it's due Jan. 15th. She hasn't missed any days because of being sick thank the Lord! So I guess I just write down the ps schedule even though we worked the same just sometimes different days?? And for grades I don't write down all test grades because we don't take alot of test, we just go over the material and I ask her questions about what we have covered.

Hopefully next fall if I'm able to homeschool I can get another program together so I don't feel like I have to get all the material together for every week. She will be in 4th grade next year. Does time4learning cover enough material for 4th grade or do I need to add alot of other material? How about time4learning's writing program, has anyone tired that? She isn't doing to much of that right now either, should I try the program next year or maybe now? she is 8 years old.

Thanks again Mary,

Cindy

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

cindy, i'm going to say this to you with the absolute most love and kindness: CHILL OUT!!! you're going to give yourself a heart attack, girl!!! we all have those days when we're freaking out, that's why we're here ... to keep us all on just this side of sanity (no matter how thin the line is that separates it from INsanity lol).

the program for 4th grade is complete ... my son is using it now and is wonderful, so don't worry about that now. as for writing, the only thing that we add to a formal writing program is his daily journal. which, imo is something all kids need to do is write daily, but that's me.

something that helps us balance schedule with our stupidly insane life (we have a LOT of harsh family drama too, so i totally know the path you're traveling) ... we go to school year-round and just do a little each day. we do less lessons and more bonding every day. especially thru the past 6 months when its been so rough, this has been the only thing that keeps us together. mary suggested reading every day, we do that, and we also play lots of card/board games.

we've also added a lot of extra studies and things that allow jack to start researching and learning on his own. try having your daughter pick out stuff that she wants to learn more about ... fashion, horses, how they made dolls in the 1700s ... whatever her fancy is. then talk about it at dinner/bedtime ... you're not only buying some time to deal with some of the family drama, but you're reinforcing her independence and teaching how to learn on her own.

hth, and feel free to msg me off the board if you want to talk about what's going on. i saw a quote on fb the other day, and now i can't remember what it was (just when i need it lol_. something about laughter shared is double the laughter, but a burden shared is only half the burden. ... or something. lol stay strong, and keep going.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Thank You!

Cindy