Seventh grade Social Studies
    smjlfn is offline Junior Member

Default Seventh grade Social Studies

Hi Hope everyone is having a good day. How do you do Social Studies with your child? From what I was reading it says they do a unit 3-5 weeks. How many lessons in one unit? Or does it go by what is in the lesson plans? How would I do that and have it completed it at the end of the year? Thank you.
    Sharon

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sharon, with seventh grade social studies, your child can finish by completing one lesson activity, quiz, or test per day. One lesson activity is simply "what the arrow points to". After selecting the social studies icon, keep clicking where the arrow points until you reach an activity. When that activity is completed, you are finished with social studies fir the day.

I have my kids take notes during the lessons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

smjlfn is offline Junior Member

Ok thanks. So do you do the teacher guides?
    Sharon

BalletMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kelly,

I think that taking notes is a great idea. I made a copy of the curriculum for my kids to see all the units/chapters for the year showing the activity number and when a Quiz or Test will come up. I keep it in a 3-ring binder and they are supposed to check things off as they go along.

I do have a question, though..... you said, "one lesson activity, quiz, or test per day." Does that mean if they take a quiz, or test, that is their activity for the day and the lessons, quizzes, and tests add up to the 180 days of school???

Kim

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Kim, it's different with each subject and grade level. For seventh grade social studies, the lesson activities, quizzes, and tests add up to 173, so doing one a day will allow the student to complete the program during a typical school year.

Sharon, I don't do the teaching guides. They are very good, but intended for public school, where having a lot of busy work is important to fill up the entire class period. Some parents like to homeschool that way, but I think it's a recipe for burnout.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!