Skipping over animations
    randiane is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Skipping over animations

Hello:

My daughter gets somewhat impatient with the LA animations and would like to know if there is a way she can skip straight to the exercises? She is at 7th grade level and has CAT tested at 9th and above for LA. I don't want her to miss out on the foundation skill builders... we are new to T4L and any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Diane Y

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you think she already knows the material, you could skip "Interactive Guided Discussion" and "Let Me Practice" and go straight to the quizzes. However, in the vocabulary/grammar section, even the quizzes and tests are animated.

The Vocabulary Skills, Think Alouds, Comprehension, and State Simulation Assessments are all very animated. Once she is finished with those, the rest of seventh grade language arts is much less animated.

One of my children complained about the lengthy animations, too, but admitted that they DID seem to CEMENT the concept in her mind.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

randiane is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the reply..... I really appreciate the information. Also, I agree with the fact that she may not realize the animations are cementing a concept she has already mastered. After all, isn't repetition the mopther of retention? Diane