Social Studies question
    ltw5150 is offline Junior Member

Question Social Studies question

This will be our 2nd year for T4L and my son is going into 5th grade this year. I was wondering how other families were using the Social Studies format. It seems to me that each topic has two sections in it and they seem to be repetitive. I'm guessing the second one is a review mostly, but I've found new material in them before.

We've been reading each section together, but I'm wondering if he can't work through the first ones, then use the second sections as a review before taking the quiz/test at the end. Any suggestions/ideas?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Laura

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Laura, I know what you mean about the social studies lessons. They aren't ALL that way, but many topics do contain two similar lessons.

I LOVE review, and have found that my children benefit when the same material is presented in several different ways, so I have treated the repetetive lessons the same as the rest.

Members have many ways of managing the social studies lessons. Hopefully others will share their methods here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!