Spelling Question
    Candi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Spelling Question

I see the spelling words by grade, but I'm curious how others incorporate this into their school day. I didn't see it in the lessons. Thanks!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Lesson activity numbers for the spelling lessons can be found by logging in
    as a parent and accessing the lesson plans. Spelling lessons are located
    within the language arts extensions:

Fourth Grade - Chapter 2
    Fifth Grade - Chapter 6
    Sixth Grade - Chapter 9

Every third lesson, the student is given a quiz over the words in the preceding three lessons. The results of these quizzes can be found in your student's reports. The results of the tests taken within each spelling lesson are for the student's information only.

Many parents use the free VocabularySpellingCity site to supplement their child's spelling study. There are T4L lists on the site.

Students can use these lists to play games with their spelling words. If you choose to have your student take a weekly spelling test at VocabularySpellingCity, the results are printable, either in report or certificate form. If you choose a premium membership, the program will keep track of your student's activity and test scores online.

Hope this helps!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Candi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much. That helps a ton! I didn't see it when I was looking yesterday.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning concentrates on phonics through third grade, offering spelling lessons after the student is reading independently. Because some parents want to begin formal spelling lessons before fourth grade, Time4Learning has prepared lists of appropriate spelling words, to be used as you wish. I think that's the words you are looking at, and they are different than the ones in the language arts extensions spelling lessons. Those lists are great to use at SpellingCity, if you don't use the language arts extensions spelling lessons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!