Standardized testing, where is the best place to fine these aggrevating things?
    thoward is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Standardized testing, where is the best place to fine these aggrevating things?

Is there really any merits to these tests? Which one is the best?
    Does time4learning have these tests available?

Homeschool mom of 2.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Whether there's any merit to standardized testing is a matter of some substantial debate. You will get a different opinion from any homeschool parent you ask. I think they were a source of unnecessary anxiety for one of my kids, and reassuring for the rest of them. The bottom line is that my state required them at the end of grades 3, 5, 8, and 10, so we had to do it.

We have used the CAT and the Stanford. I felt both represented my kids' abilities fairly accurately (except the one daughter with text anxiety).

Time4Learning does not provide standardized testing. You would need to contact an independent tester or testing facility. The homeschool office of your school district may have a list of testers in your area.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

We use them to satisfy my state's annual assessment. There are many that your student can take right online with immediate results for a fair fee.

hello can you tell me where can I get those test online?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Your best bet would be to Google "homeschool standardized testing in ____________" (fill in your state). There really are SO many out there available, you can sort through which one would a - meet your state's requirements, and b - which one would be a good fit for you/your kiddo.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!