Started this week - so far - so great!
    mom24boyz is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Started this week - so far - so great!

Hello moms (& dads):

I have 4 boys (4, 6, 10, 12) for the 2011/12 school year - we've been homeschooling from day 1... we've used a variety of programs, MFW, Konos, Alpha/Omega Online (now known as Monarch) & this year Pathways of Exploration (geography based unit study).
    I am looking @ T4L because of the varied learning styles of my boys - it seems it will be a good fit.

My disappointment with AlphaOmega was at the end of the year there was precious little documentation beyond the very professional printout (looking like a report card) to show what they studied/learned all year.

I feel an online program such as Alpha Omega or T4L would be greatly enhanced by using something like notebooking simultaneously.

Do you use anything beyond/in addition to T4L - especially for your older kids?

I just do not want to WASTE another year with an online program with nothing to show on paper at the end of the year - but more importantly nothing in their memory at the end of the year ....

My 2 oldest boys started T4L this week - I told them to just look around & have fun. I work from home & had a HUGE project distracting me last week. So this week (starting 4/11) I am going to be much more involved & plan to look into the assisgnments & tests to see what they can test out of... BTW - they loved T4L!

thanks for your feedback!
    Deborah

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Deborah! If you're interested in documentation, be sure to generate a weekly report. You can also print your children's writing assignments and many of their tests and quizzes, directly from the reports.

I use Time4Learning in the morning and we do unit studies in the afternoons. We've done a variety of notebooking and lapbooking activities with our unit studies. I've found that to be a great combination. I work from home, too, and on busy days, Time4Learning is ALL my children do for school. When I have more time, we really get into the unit studies.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!