Starting halfway into 7th grade...
    groovymom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Starting halfway into 7th grade...

What can I do to speed up the beginning of 7th gr? My son tried to do just quizzes and tests but the green arrow wont let him skip learning activities.
    By the way, I am loving this so far! but I am worried about being too confident and not doing my part very well. Seems the core subject covers it all! He does do other outside enriching activities as well.

Please help me and I am glad to read all your ?'s and answers and thanks from my heart to those with answers! Bless you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't really understand what you mean when you say the green arrow won't let him skip the learning activities. He should be able to access ANY test or quiz, regardless of where the green arrow points.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

groovymom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 1/2 way into 7th grade...

I am sorry for not being clear. Ok, what would you do for your kid starting halfway in to 7th grade on T4L?

I tried to go directly to quizzes and tests but it wont let us.

My goal is to get my son to catch up with the normal school schedule on T4L and be done by June to Have summer break with his brother.

Thank you, Angie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

It would be reasonable to allow your son to do the test first before assigning any learning activities. If he passes the test, there is no need to complete the activities in the unit. He might proceed through the program quickly in that manner.

How are you trying to access the tests and quizzes? The program should allow you to do this. Log in as your student. Click on a subject (math, science, or social studies . . . not language arts). Click on any icon. You will be brought to a blue page of icons. Click on any of them. You will then be brought to a teal page of lesson icons. At the bottom of the teal page is a "Test" icon. Clicking on that will access the chapter test.

Clicking on any of the other icons on the teal page will bring you to a gold page of learning activity icons. At the bottom of of the gold page is a "Quiz" icon. Clicking on that will access the quiz for that lesson.

Another thing to consider is that there are approximately one hundred school days left in this school year. If your son is assigned to the typical seventh grade level, he has 339 math learning activities available, 204 language arts LAs, 110 social studies LAs, and 73 science LAs. He would need to do a little more than two language LAs, a little more than one social studies LA, and less than one science LA daily in order to complete the seventh grade level this year.

He would need to do three or four learning activities per day in math to finish it this year, and that might be a little too much for most students. Some are able to fly through that much math, though. Or, you could pick and choose the math concepts that you know he needs to study.

You can also view the Lesson Plans to help in your decision making.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!