Student needs more info before taking quiz
    JDZA1999 is offline Junior Member

Default Student needs more info before taking quiz

Hello, My daughter is trying T4L and after the first language lesson, she didn't feel she remembered enough of the info to take the quiz. I went back to the transcript to see if I could get quick info and it gave me ten pages of the entire lesson. Is there a way to review the info just learned further in a simpler format? A teacher guide of some sort that I'm missing? How do you all handle this if this happens to your student?

Thank you,
    Jennifer

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Student needs more info before taking quiz

My kids have used the transcripts for additional study, since they contain everything the video instructor said. You can use Ctrl+Find to locate any word you are looking for in the transcript.

In subjects they struggle with, we print the transcript in advance and they use it to highlight things they feel are important. That's easier for some of my kids than taking notes, but they do take notes, too.

We often use the transcripts or their notes when they take tests, since I feel there is no value in insisting they memorize trivia just long enough to "pass" a test. That isn't really learning.

I'm not sure what kind of resource you are trying to find. If you had not mentioned that the transcripts aren't doing the job, that's where I would have pointed you. Can you describe what you are looking for?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

JDZA1999 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Student needs more info before taking quiz

Thank you for your information. I guess I was just looking for a basic definition rather than having to go through the whole transcript again. More of an overview of the information. Maybe this lesson was just a bit confusing for her. It focused on three different language parts rather than just one at a time with a review in between. We'll continue with a different lesson and see how that works. My children seem to learn best when something is shown to them rather than just someone talking. The slide basically just read to her what it said on the screen and any additional information about the subject was just spoken, not shown. As in they spoke a different way to make the sentence but it didn't show up in print. If this program is set up like this throughout, it just may not be for her. Also, she felt the person reading spoke a little fast and she couldn't pause it right when she had the question come to mind. We used a program prior to this that had those abilities and she's used to that. Just need to have her learn a different way now. Thanks again! Jennifer