Student Score Reports
    Janice is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Student Score Reports

When I printed out the student score reports, I noticed the status bar has different colors. What is the definition of a scored activity versus a passed activity? I don't understand why an Exponents Quiz with a score of 100% is marked with a blue status bar indicating a scored activity while another First Inhabitants that has a 80% score has a green activity passed. This is my first week using this program for my daughter and I want to make sure I understand the scoring system. She is enjoying the program so far and is excited to be using this format. Thank you. Janice

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Student Score Reports

Some activities are intended to teach, not to evaluate. There is no sense scoring them, so they will appear as a non-scored activity. Others are intended to evaluate what the student has learned from previous activities. These will be scored. Tests, quizzes, and some activities are intended to evaluate whether a student has mastered a concept and is ready to move on.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Janice is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Student Score Reports

Kelly,
    Thank you for your prompt response. That makes perfect sense. Janice

cjjenkins48 is offline Junior Member

My 3rd grader had on a chapter test an average of 84%, and a status bar that was red- failing. The a lesson quiz of 93%...another red bar. The an activity quiz of 95%...& another red bar. Explain please.

I noticed that as well my son has one on his report with a red bar yet 100%?