Submitting Odyssey Write Assignments
    christen is offline Junior Member

Default Submitting Odyssey Write Assignments

So when my daughter has completed Odyssey writer assignments we were confused as to whather she was supposed to click to "turn in." We did it, just to see what would happen. We had no idea what teacher to choose so we chose a random one. Now we get messages saying we have returned assignments but when we click on this we are unable to see anything. When we go back to the assignment and look at it it has no score or anything. So, are we supposed to turn these in? If so, to whom? And how do we see the feedback?

Thanks!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Christen. The curriculum was designed for schools, so the grading mechanisms aren't functional for individual use. Parents are responsible for grading Odyssey Writer assignments. Clicking "Hand In" and selecting a fictitious "teacher" only marks the assignment as completed and causes it to appear in the Reports as a link. You may then click the link to view the assignment, or to print it and grade it manually.

I have never heard of a parent receiving a message about a returned assignment. Can you provide info about the exact wording, along with your student's grade level?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

bethm is offline Junior Member Newbie

I also am confused about this. As a matter of fact, that's why I logged onto the forum, so I could get help with this.

bethm is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son's writing activities are nowhere to be found. He said that he saved them, and we can't find them anywhere. Help!

christen is offline Junior Member

Hi. What it says when we log in after handing in an Odyssey writer assignment is a little blinking message near where the backpack icon is on the right hand side. It says something like "You have completed Odyssey Assignments!" The backpack also blinks. We click the backpack and look around for the odyssey assignment and it is not there. Then the message is gone. Hope that helps and makes sense!!