system slow this morning
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    highlyfavored is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default system slow this morning

I am having problems with T4L this morning. It takes forever to load quizes and then it just stops in the middle of a lesson and says "loading..." for a long time. My son got frustrated this morning and now doesn't want to do it anymore. This is only our 3rd day using T4L. Does this happen a lot?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have had three kids working on it this morning, with no problems.

What kind of Internet connection do you have? What you are describing is not typical.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I'm using a Comcast High Speed wireless internet connection, but it says it has excellent strength with 5 bars, and I didn't have these problems yesterday or the day before.

Blog Entries

It sounds like your computer's resources are being stretched to its limit. Have you tried rebooting? Make sure you don't have any other programs running while you are running T4L.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I did try rebooting and didn't have anyother programs running. I tried all that before I posted here. I also cleared my cache. It was still running slow, in fact my son gave up on school on Friday and they haven't been back to it since. So we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

That must be really frustrating. I haven't had any similar reports. Please let us know if this continues.

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

I had similiar problems and after a week of working with tech support here I found out it was with my internet security. I changed it the day before I had problems with the program, now with the help of bitdefender, it is back to working. May I ask what internet security you are using, mine is bitdefender 2008, it may be conflicting with your lessons. Mine would let me run through 1 lesson on occassion but would freeze in the middle of a lesson, quiz ect...
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

I'm using Symantec Antivirus. I had my kids try it again tonight a little bit and it is still really slow. Not all the times, it just seems to get stuck sometimes, and we have to wait, and wait, and wait, and then sometimes it will come up okay, and other times we just get a white screen and have to back out of the lesson and start it all over again. The kids won't be home tomorrow, so maybe I'll call tech support and see if they can help me.

Thanks!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Have you checked your firewall to allow the program to run? If you try tech they may be able to help you with how to do this. Sometimes a firewall can be very protective and not allow a program to finish downloading. When I had Norton 360 I had to make sure the site address was oked by the program to run. The tech here may even be able to help, they didn't know the working of bitdefender but they may know the working of your program, and they are very quick at getting back to you, I had help within 24 hours and replies within an hour. Your freeze up sounds so much like the problem I was having and it ended up being my firewall and parental control that caused my problems.
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

My firewall was already turned off, but I think I might have figured out the problem. The Phishing filter was on, so I disabled that and it seems to be working better. I won't know for sure until the kids use it tomorrow for an extended period of time. But hopefully this fixed it!

Thanks for all your help!!!

Hope

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast