T4L for Canadians?
    Shaunna is offline Junior Member

Default T4L for Canadians?

Hello Everyone!

I've decided to homeschool my 7 yr old. I am taking him out of Grade 2 after Spring Break is over (April 6th). We have already signed up for T4L (he loves it), but I am curious....do you think this curriculum is OK for Canadians to use? I am not sure of the differences between American and Canadian school curriculums, but from what I can tell of the Level 2 here at T4L, it seems right on track with what he has been learning in Grade 2 at PS.

Thanks for any help or suggestions to us newbies.

Shaunna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Shaunna, I want to welcome you to the forum! Time4Learning has many members from outside the U.S., although I don't know enough about the Canadian school system to answer your question. Hopefully, someone in Canada will come along and respond here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Shauna,

I can't really answer your Canada questions but I did see another thread where at least 3 other Canadian users have posted. Maybe you could message them, if they do not respond to this thread.

Link to other Time4Learning Canadian users click HERE

Good luck and welcome to Time4Learning.

Brandy
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

Thank you very much. I know this is a tough question to answer. I have been researching it on my own for 2 weeks now. I'm hoping it will be OK to use T4L as our main curriculum, because my son loves it! It's the perfect fit for us.

mbeens is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Shauna,

We also HS our boys, one of whom is in "Gr. 2". I can tell you that T4L is pretty much right on track with the Canadian system. If you go to the government website for BCs education standards, there will be (somewhere) a link to show you the BC curriculum.

When I look ahead to the upper grades for Social Science, I see a very heavy load of American History. We will need to supplement with our own history.

You just may find too that after HSing for a while, your son will be jumping ahead of his grade level. If he has a real interest in say, science, you may find him finishing all his grade two science and eager to jump ahead.

Best wishes for a wonderful journey together!

Mel

See U at the Frogpond: A Pioneer Story

IrishMamato2Irishkiddos is offline Junior Member

We are using it right now for Kindergarten. We like it, and will use it for Grade one as well. Of course money and measurement is an issue, so of course we skip those parts. We have had the program for a month now, so not that much longer then you. I know not much help lol, but I thought I would put my two Canadian cents in there

Thank you for the replies!

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Shaunna,
    Just wanted to mention that we have a new group for Canadian users. Would love for you to stop by and join to become one of the first official members!!