T4L working on $100 Android tablet with Dolphin browser!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vanessa Jones

Thread: T4L working on $100 Android tablet with Dolphin browser!!

Vanessa Jones is offline Junior Member Newbie

Lightbulb T4L working on $100 Android tablet with Dolphin browser!!

I just purchased a Google Nextbook 8" 8GB for only $100 my son for Christmas. At first I was really disappointed that it seemed like Time4Learning wouldn't work for it, and searches of the internet showed that only the Kindle Fire and the Ipad2 had apps that would work with it. I wasn't about to spend a lot more money for the Ipad2, and I didn't want to be locked into the Amazon marketplace on the Kindle. I started downloading different mobile browsers for it, and discovered that the Dolphin mobile browser available from the Google Play store works GREAT with T4L on a Wi-Fi connection on this tablet. Finally I can get my son off my laptop, and he can "do school" anywhere he can get a Wi-Fi connection! I've never posted in the forums here before, but I just had to share this with other parents out there, because I am soooo happy I found such an inexpensive solution for his schooling.
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing that here!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing that information. It's great news.

Now that you've broken the ice, please come back often to visit us here on the parent forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

cobwebmsnd is offline Junior Member Newbie

I was so excited to hear that you were able to get things working. We've been having loads of trouble as well. I downloaded Dolphin and tried to make a flash-based lesson run and the lesson won't load. The title bar is there, but everything else is blank. When we try it on Firefox, the lesson runs, but none of the click&drag screens work. You can select objects, just not move them. Any ideas? Anyone? So frustrating!

cristysoh is offline Junior Member Newbie

This is my experience as well. I've tried the native 'Internet' browser, Chrome, Opera and Dolphin. None of the flash-based lessons will run. Will ask hubby (IT guy) tonight and report back asap.

Vanessa Jones is offline Junior Member Newbie

When you first install the Dolphin browser, it has flash turned off. You have to go into the settings and select "always on" for the flash. Then it works great for the lessons, quizzes, and chapter tests. I seem to remember Odyssey Writer still not working, but everything else does.