Teaching Guide in LA Ext
    Momto1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Teaching Guide in LA Ext

OK. I have been using T4L for well over a week and I just discovered the teaching guide. How much do you really need to do from the teaching guide along with the lesson. There is a lot in the teaching guide including activities for science and social studies and it is located in LA ext. I'm confused (and a little worried). Thanks for any help.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Teaching Guide in LA Ext

The teaching guides are strictly supplementary material, to be used as desired (or ignored if you wish). Sometimes a student shows great interest in some concept, and it's nice to have extras to encourage learning more.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Momto1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

OK. Thank you. I started looking through the LA Ext. and there are several that correspond with the social studies and science standards for grade 1 so they will be helpful at those times. It appears that you can work on any LA Ext at any time.....not necessarily in the order that they come. And the guide has SO MUCH additional and helpful information that I was only worried that we were supposed to be doing every single thing it suggests. We school for 4 1/2 hours a day and haven't had any trouble filling those with activities so I didn't think we could fit ALL that in. I am brand new to home schooling and it is overwhelming right now. Once I get in the groove I think we'll be OK. Thanks again!

blesedby7 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Where do you find the guides?

Michelle
    mama to 7 homeschooled blessings!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Log in as a parent and scroll to the bottom of the page to access the lesson plans. The guides are printable from within the plans. Some grade levels have many guides (lower grades) and some have none.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!