Is there a way to see what they have left to do in a subject?
    WorriedMom is offline Junior Member

Default Is there a way to see what they have left to do in a subject?

My kids are grades 6 and 4 and I wondered if there is a way to see what they have left to finish in certain subjects?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there a way to see what they have left to do in a subject?

Since you're the teacher, you decide what they have left to do. You can move them to a different grade level any time you wish.

If you created an activity plan before you started, you can just take a look at the plan you created and see what hasn't been checked off.

If you did not create an activity plan, you can compare their reports (which contains what they have completed) with the scope and sequence (which contains a list of every possible activity at each grade level in each subject) to see how much more work at that grade level is available.

Just because it is available doesn't mean your student HAS to do it, though. Time4Learning provides a lot of learning material and continues to add things. I create plans for my own kids that have them doing one to three activities per subject per day.

If you're nervous about going on, you can try giving them a few tests and quizzes before they do the associated lessons. If they do well on the test or quiz, don't worry about skipping the lessons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

WorriedMom is offline Junior Member

I want them to finish it though. They've already finished everything except Math and Language arts for their grade and the next up. I just wanted to know if there is a list where we can see what has been finished in comparison to what is left.

If not I think that's something that should be suggested to T4L

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There is such a list if you created a plan using the Activity Planner. You do have the option of including all available material for a subject/grade level in your plan, and then you can easily see what your student has completed compared to what you wanted him or her to complete. Even if your child forgets to check off what they did each day, the program will automatically check off each completed activity daily at 1:00 AM.

Do realize that, with SOME subjects at certain grade levels, there is simply too much material to reasonably cover in a traditional school year (and the developer keeps adding more). If your child was studying about giraffes, that would be sort of like wanting them to read every single book about giraffes in the library, simply because it was available. That's not the case in every Time4Learning subject but, especially with some of the language arts levels, the program intends for the teacher to pick and choose lessons appropriate for their student.

I would consider three activities per subject per day the most a student should try to do (if they are also doing all the other subjects). Two is more reasonable, unless one is a quiz or test which takes less time.

But, one of the great things about homeschooling is that YOU are in charge!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!