Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 2 Post By Agaska
  • 1 Post By Dearheart

Thread: Is there a way to study?

frazzledmom is offline Junior Member

Default Is there a way to study?

My son has recently started using T4L and while he enjoys the lessons, he gets confused very quickly and it would help if he could review before taking quizzes. He's currently flunking biology because of this quiz grades, (he often misses at least 2 of the average 5 questions). I'd like to help him review or study before each quiz, but I don't know how to do that without watching the entire lesson over again. Is there a way to do this?

Also, is there an answer key parents can consult? He knows he misses questions, but doesn't know what or why he got them wrong. It would be really helpful if I could help him see why his answer was wrong.

KCx3mom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hope This Helps!

If he is experiencing problems like this, please do have him to re-watch the lesson, take notes for key words, vocabulary and anything that stands out. Making flash cards with terms and or processes helps a lot as well. Also, there is a transcript option that he's able to use. In there the entire lecture is written out. Your son may not be as visual or auditory as you may have thought, if he is kinesthetic he may need to involve his body in his learning, which means more writing to get the info to stick. He may even have to record the lesson on say a device and play back slower. Hope this helps.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If you go in under the parent login you will be able to pull up the lesson plans. They have links for the answer key for each quiz.

I would have him reread the lesson before he takes the quiz. As was suggested above, have him take notes as he reads the lesson.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Beneath the videos, there is a link that says "transcript". We print the transcripts to study. They're also great for taking notes during the video presentation. The student can keep a highlighter handy and just highlight important points on the transcript.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Agaska is offline Junior Member Newbie

Something that I have often used is what I call journaling. I still use it. Have him to go through his resources, skim them, then take a moment to stop and close his eyes, imagining what he has just read or seen. Then start a journal page where he writes as much as he can remember, and sketches pictures, making something like a field guide. I helps to stimulate both sides of the brain.

Dearheart is offline Junior Member

You mentioned beneath the videos there is a link that says 'transcript'.. on what videos are you referring to? I have tried looking for this and I fail to see it, and it would be great for me to use with my daughter.
    AltoWoman likes this.

AltoWoman is offline Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone has an answer to the above question: how to print the transcript on the videos, like hearthstone suggested. That would be helpful for one of my daughters who gets frustrated with the repetitiveness of the videos.

Blog Entries

I just looked, intending to screen shot one for you. The one I looked at does not have it. My daughter has used this feature. I'll prowl around and see which subjects have it and which don't.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Here is an example of a lesson that includes a transcript.

Name:  transcript.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  19.9 KB