Time per Bubble question
    PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

Default Time per Bubble question

Have others found that your child is able to complete so many bubbles a day consistently? Is this how they are set up? I am wondering if I can take a week's worth of work and be able to predict how many days it will take my son to comfortably complete the entire curriculum from there.

Thank you!

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Great question. What grade level are you in? And by "bubble", do you mean each activity?
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

I think I mean each lesson number (not LA number, but the ones listed on the left of the curriculum list.)

Examples are:
    Math 7, under Number Systems, it would be Lesson 1-Exponents (M7001, M7002 and M7003.)
    Language Arts 7, under Vocabulary Skills, it would be Lesson 1-Synonyms (R7002, R7003, R7004 and R7005.)
    Science, under Scientific Process, it would be Lesson 2-Conduct an Experiment (only 6817.)

Carylin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Time per Bubble

Paula,
    We haven't really found a time per activity bubble. Each subject is different. Some require more reading than others- so it is random.

What we did find was that if my son felt he knew the material, in math for instance, and he took the math test at the end of a unit, the program would mark some of the activites as "completed" if he knew the answers in the test. Then he would have less left to complete. He likes knowing he doesn't have to repeat work he already knows.

We usually work about 45 min. or so per subject and seem to be progressing nicely.
    Carylin

Katysmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

We haven't been able to average a time per bubble, but what I do is assign a certain number of bubbles per week instead of per day. That way, if one bubble is really long, my daughter just completes one, but if the bubbles are short ones, she keeps going. It seems to work out pretty well over time.